Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Glee is Here! (And That is What I Feel)

Today is a beautiful day. Not only is the new season of So You Think You Can Dance starting, but so is Glee!


I loved all of the hype this show got in the Spring and throughout the Summer and I loved the premiere episode they aired back in May and I love the cast and premise and everything about it. The minute I saw that there was a show with both Matthew Morrison and Lea Michele, both people I know from Broadway shows (not to mention the brilliantly funny Jane Lynch) I knew it was going to be up my alley. I wasn't completely thrilled with the leading man at first because I don't really think he is vocally up to par with Lea, or cute enough, for that matter, but his subtle acting style is growing on me. I think this show will definitely replace my much-missed Pushing Daisies as my humorous, whimsical, guilty-pleasure program. Not only is there singing involved, but it is witty and well-cast and just ridiculously entertaining. I am soooo with Lea's character Rachel: "There is nothing ironic about Show Choir." ;) The below version of my dearly loved Journey's Don't Stop Believin' is the ring tone I have been waking up to all summer. I can't remember the last time I saw such an amazing closing sequence of a Pilot episode:


I am officially a Gleek. I will NOT stop believin' any time soon.



You can check it out on Fox on Wednesday nights or on http://www.hulu.com/ or on the right-hand sidebar of my blog ;)

6 comments:

SisterPresidentMann said...

I don't think we get Glee yet - and I have no idea what it is about, but I love the song you put on Haylscat!

dave + kirst said...

AHh. I still need to watch that. I think I'll try and do it tonight. I've got alot to do but it sounds like I need to make time for this ;D

dave + kirst said...

Watched it last night (the first one) and I loved it. I heard the second one was a lot more crud... but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt. Also watched the 'Vampire Diaries' and thought it was pretty cheesy but of course I'm going to watch it again ;D I just hope it gets better.

Unknown said...

I'm glad you liked it! Yeah, there were some crude moments in the second one but I think it was very episode specific and I still liked it. Way funny, great cast, great music.

dave + kirst said...

how was SYTYCD btw? I set up the recording for the next show but missed the first one. I also need to know the times and dates and channel for all my other shows so that I can dvr them (too busy with the play to actually sit and watch them). You don't know this info do you?

Scooter and Jessica said...

So, since you posted about this show I have been watching the episodes online (a first for me by the way. I am so technologically UNsavvy that it is kinda amazing that you are still friends with me...) and they are great. I am already so invested in the teacher and the sweet, neurotic red-head. If they don't end up together I might cry!