Sunday, November 29, 2009

SYYCD Season 6!

So the Top 10 dancers were picked this week on Season 6 of So You Think You Can Dance. I am not completely invested in anyone yet, though I do definitely have some favorites. I think it is just too close to last season since we didn't have to wait a whole year this time, and Jeanine and Kayla and Brandon and Jason and the rest of the Season 5 bunch are all still fresh in my mind. That being said, I am hopeful about several people and there have already been some amazing dance routines. (For me, so far, there has only been one dismissal by the judges that I definitely did NOT agree with, which was Channing.) This week is the official Top 10 week when things will start to get really serious. Top 10 is a big deal for these reasons: 1- They are the ones who get to go on the tour at the end; 2- They will start switching around partners and so if someone was being carried by their partner that will really show, particularly since the voting will become for individuals instead of for partnerships; 4- It means there are only four weeks left until the Finale.

Here are the Top 10:

Guys: Jakob, Russell, Legacy, Ryan, Nathan

Girls: Kathryn, Ellenore, Ashleigh, Noelle, Mollee

The Finale is the last 4 standing, and though I don't have an official Finale prediction at this point, the 4 dancers that I am currently most rooting for are Jakob & Russell of the guys and Kathryn & Ellenore of the girls. The only people left that I really DON'T want to see in the Finale though are Nathan & Mollee, cause they are sweet and all, but I am over it. Here are my favorite routines that have happened this season so far, from the Top 20 down- they are my favorite for various reasons all leading to this: I would want to watch them again. (Now this may seem like a lot of favorites, but mind you its only 17 of the 52 or so dances we have seen in the last 5 weeks):

Top 20 Group- Jazz


Kathryn & Legacy- Hip Hop (Top 20 Week)


Ellenore & Ryan- Argentine Tango (Top 18 Week)


Kathryn & Legacy- Contemporary (Top 18 Week)


Ashleigh & Jakob- Pop Jazz (Top 16 Week)


Channing & Victor- Contemporary (Top 16 Week)


Noelle & Russell- Afro Jazz (Top 16 Week)


Ashleigh & Jakob- Hip Hop (Top 14 Week)


Channing & Victor- Jazz (Top 14 Week)


Ellenore & Ryan- Contemporary (Top 14 Week)


Kathryn & Legacy- Paso Doble (Top 14 Week)


Ashleigh & Jakob- Lyrical Jazz (Top 12 Week)


Kathryn & Legacy- Jazz (Top 12 Week)


Ellenore & Ryan- Broadway (Top 12 Week)


Ashleigh & Jakob- Cha Cha (Top 12 Week)


Kathryn & Legacy- Viennese Waltz (Top 12)


Noelle & Russell- Contemporary (Top 12)

No comments: