Friday, December 11, 2009

GLEE! I Have NOT Stopped Believin'

Sigh. Well, the first 13 episodes of Glee ended this week, with a masterful Fall Finale to bring us full circle to the unforgettable series premiere. I just love this flippin' show, and it won't be back until April!! Luckily, to help hold me over, a DVD of the episodes so far is being released on December 29th. This isn't a typical move for a show, having a mid-season DVD, but here's the scoop (from EW.com):

The Gleek frenzy has spurred Fox to plan a mid-season DVD release for Glee, Variety reports. 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment will release Glee Season One: Road to Sectionals on Dec. 29, including the show’s first 13 episodes. The full first-season DVD set with all the first season episodes will follow in mid-2010. Fans won’t be penalized for buying early — the Sectionals set will include a voucher toward the purchase of the full-season DVD release. The first release will also include a director’s cut of the pilot episode, behind-the-scenes features, cast audition videos and the show’s music performances.

Yeah, pretty much I don't think that I could NOT buy it, and yeah, I pre-ordered mine the day I read this article, which was, oh, like 6 weeks ago. The other thing that will be holding me over is, of course, the music. Here are a few of my favorite songs so far this year (okay, they are all good, but this is just 20 of the 49 songs that have been released during these first 13 episodes) These aren't in order of favorite, they are in chronological order of their appearance on the show:

Don't Stop Believin'- Ensemble Feat. Lea Michele & Cory Monteith
(Journey Cover)




Say a Little Prayer- Dianna Agron
(Dionne Warwick Cover)




Maybe This Time- Kristin Chenoweth & Lea Michele
(From Cabaret)




Alone- Kristin Chenoweth & Matthew Morrison
(Heart Cover)




Somebody to Love- Ensemble
(Queen Cover)




It's My Life/Confessions- The Guys Feat. Cory Monteith
(Bon Jovi/Usher Cover)




Halo/Walking on Sunshine- The Girls Feat. Lea Michele
(Beyonce/Katrina and the Waves Cover)




Sweet Caroline- Mark Salling
(Neil Diaond Cover)




Dancing With Myself- Kevin McHale
(Billy Idol Cover)




Defying Gravity- Lea Michele & Chris Colfer
(From Wicked)




Proud Mary- Ensemble Feat. Kevin McHale & Amber Riley
(Creedence Clearwater Revival Cover)




Endless Love- Lea Michele & Matthew Morrison
(Diana Ross & Lionel Richie Cover)




Don't Stand So Close to Me/Young Girl- Matthew Morrison
(The Police/Gary Puckett & The Union Gap Cover)




Lean on Me- Ensemble Feat. Kevin McHale & Amber Riley
(Bill Withers Cover)




Papa Don't Preach- Dianna Agron
(Madonna Cover)




Imagine- Ensemble
(John Lennon Cover)




Jump- Ensemble Feat. Lea Michele & Cory Monteith
(Van Halen cover)




Smile- Ensemble
(Written by Charlie Chaplin)




Don't Rain On My Parade- Lea Michele
(From Funny Girl)




You Can't Always Get What You Want- Ensemble Feat. Lea Michele & Cory Monteith
(Rolling Stones Cover)




Here's a funny thing I found. Say a Little Prayer was the character Quinn's (Dianna Agron) tryout song to join Glee, and she used her two fellow cheerleaders for some cute and simple choreography in that scene. You can see a clip of the original here, but what is funny is a ton of people have recreated it and put their own versions on iTunes. The following video is for sure my favorite version. Ha! -




Here are some of the best of the villianous Sue Sylvester quotes so far:


I'm going to ask you to smell your armpits. That's the smell of failure, and it's stinking up my office.

That was the most offensive thing I've seen in 20 years of teaching — and that includes an elementary school production of Hair.

Sue: Iron tablet? It keeps your strength up when you menstruate.
Will: I don't menstruate.
Sue: Neither do I.

I'm about to projectile express myself all over your Hush Puppies.

You think this was hard? Try auditioning for Baywatch and being told they're going in another direction. That was hard.

I'm all about empowerment. I empower my Cheerios to live in a state of constant fear by creating an environment of irrational, random terror.

You're dealing with children. They need to be terrified. It's like mother's milk to them.

Will: I will destroy you
Sue: I am about to vomit down your back. — Sue and Will, whispering into each other's ear, while forced to hug by Principal Figgins

I always thought the desire to procreate showed deep personal weakness.

I don't trust a man with curly hair. I can't help picturing small birds laying sulfurous eggs in there, and I find it disgusting.

I can't stand the sight of kids getting emotional, unless it's from physical exhaustion.

I am going to create an environment so toxic no one will want to be part of that club. Like the time I sold my house to a nice young couple and salted the earth in the backyard so that nothing could grow there for 100 years. Know why I did that? Because they tried to get me to pay their closing costs.

I like minorities so much, I'm thinking of moving to California to become one.

Look at me. Even in the heat of battle, I'm so elegant, regal. I am Ajax, mighty Greek warrior.

...I will go to the animal shelter and get you a kitty cat. I will let you fall in love with that kitty cat. And then on some dark, cold night, I will steal away into your house...and punch you in the face.

Me, I never wanted kids — don't have the time, don't have the uterus.

[Wheelchair ramps] are what I call lazy-makers. They discourage able-bodied students from getting proper exercise by using the stairs.

If I have a pregnant girl doing a handspring into a double layout, the judges aren't going to be admiring her impeccable form, they're going to be wondering if the centrifugal force is going to make the baby's head start crowning.

Ha! I mean, great music and loveable characters and the show is dang funny to boot. Sigh. I miss it already. Also, as if I needed one more thing to love about it, I just read this.

1 comment:

Elisabeth (and Tyler) said...

I loooooooooooove the Sue quotes :) She's hilarious. Can't wait to watch this episode (and the last 15 minutes of last week's). I heart Glee. And you.