Sunday, December 13, 2009

This Just In!

Oh my gosh, this makes me so happy- ha! A few months ago I posted about the novel Pride & Prejudice & Zombies. I heard a while ago that there was talk of adapting it into a movie for 2011, but I just read this article that states that Natalie Portman will be playing Elizabeth Bennet in the movie version. Ha! She is just right. I hope its true. Natalie is such a fabulous actress anyway, and I think she will be the perfect amount of taking it seriously yet understanding that its amusing to pull it off. I particularly find this casting ideal because of the physical similarities between herself and Keira Knightley who played Elizabeth in the most recent film version of Pride & Prejudice. Trivia: back before Pirates of the Caribbean and before anyone knew who she was, Kiera was in Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace playing the small role of the decoy for Princess Amidala. The real Amidala being played by, of course, Natalie Portman. It's just too perfect.

No comments: