Wednesday, December 9, 2009

SYTYCD SEASON 6- TOP 8

Okay, so, the layout of the week was:

Kathryn & Ryan: Disco & Cha Cha- Man I was a little worried for Kathryn at first because Ryan is my least favorite boy and those are not the two best styles for a Contemporary dancer to prove herself, but she's great, so they both worked out ;) Disco is definitely not my favorite style, but it was a very fun routine and they looked like they were having fun too. Cha Cha was perfect to have Ryan for a partner since his style is Latin Ballroom, and Kathryn did awesome, with great praise from the judges, I was happy to see.

(This video shows both their routines)


Mollee & Jakob: Viennese Waltz & Broadway- I loved the choreography in their first number but their second was just okay. I adore Jakob as always, but I still am just not getting how over the moon the judges are about Mollee. Yeah she did a good job in both, but they absolutely rave about her every time and I just don't get it. I think she is a fantastic dancer but I just don't feel like she has a ton of performance charisma or grace. She is very athletic and always gets the steps right, but I am never drawn to watching her. Whenever she dances to great choreography the whole time I am thinking, 'I wish I could have seen Kathryn dance that piece, or Jeanine, or Kayla, or Katee, or Sabra...' I don't NOT like her, I just don't get the big deal. I still think Jakob is for sure winning the whole thing, and I am good with that. He is incredible.





Ellenore & Legacy: Contemporary & Hip Hop- This was a very fun pairing because they are both so quirky. Their first routine was a-maz-ing. It was choreographed by Travis Wall, so of course it was. The timing was super tricky and they pulled it off beautifully. Their second routine I was disappointed with. At first I thought they had hit routine gold for the night with a Travis Wall Contemporary and then a Tabitha & Napoleon Hip Hop, but it just didn't happen. I typically love NappyTab routines, but this one fell flat. It was trying to be super funky but was really just kind of anticlimactic. Love them both though, and I hope they are safe.





Ashleigh & Russell: Hip Hop & Bollywood- this particular couple had some issues though, because the day before the performances Ashleigh pulled her right arm out really bad during rehearsal and couldn't perform on the show, so she was in the clips of the rehearsals, but for the performances Russell had to dance with the assistants of his respective choreographers. Poor guy. This is not the first time he has had to do this- back in like, Top 18 week or something his partner was Noelle and she was injured for the week and he had to perform with someone random. He was really, really great in both numbers, but it is definitely distracting to see a dancer you know dancing up there with a stranger. I feel bad for Ashlee because of course this is going to hurt the voting for her and there is nothing she can do about it. Its down to the wire though now anyway, and honestly, since I am fully aware that Mollee is going nowhere, Ashleigh was already my bottom girl, injury or not.





Just hoping Kathryn makes it through to next week and will be paired with Jakob!

No comments: